Hi, I’m Tony. I’ve led UX strategy across a wide range of industries, working hands’ on with business owners and cross-functional teams to design and deliver awesome technology solutions for Windows, web, and mobile. Here’s my resume. Like what you see? Have any questions? Want to do some work together? Let’s talk!
Principal Strategy Analyst | Ethology
Scottsdale, AZ, April 2015 – Present
Ethology is a digital marketing agency headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ. The company founders came from iCrossing and brought tremendous experience in SEO and analytics. Ethology is unique in that they add content strategy, UX, and CX to the mix – all under one roof – to provide full service experience marketing services. Major clients include Farmers Insurance, NextCare Urgent Care, Culligan, Waste Management, and Arizona State University.
- Principal Strategist for Top 10 accounts
- Customer Experience (CX) design researcher and strategist
- Web site design and user experience (UX) optimization
- Journey mapping, buyer / user personas, UI wireframes, scenarios, user testing
- Business development
- Speaker at local and national marketing & technology conferences
- Webinars, blogs
Other positions held at Ethology: UX Design Strategist
VP, User Experience @ Lumension Security
Scottsdale, AZ, June 2007 – April 2015
Lumension (now Heat Software) is an IT Security and Operations company serving customers in government, finance, health care, and retail. I helped lead the design of their flagship product, the Lumension Endpoint Management and Security Suite, and managed an international team of analysts, designers, and product owners who helped drive product growth from a single-focus, $7M annual revenue IT tool to a multi-tiered $70M enterprise IT suite. We also diversified offerings from installable software to hosted and mobile solutions.
- Principal UX design
- Founder of the UX department
- Manager of UX design analysts, business analysts, product owners (Agile/Scrum), and tech pubs staff
- Exec sponsor of user research, usability testing, and customer experience work
- Exec stakeholder and account manager for Agile design and development process
- Speaker at company meetings, summits, and customer conferences
Other positions held at Lumension: Director, UX; Senior Director, UX
Principal Design Analyst @ Sage Software
Scottsdale, AZ, May 2002 – June 2007
Sage offers CRM, business management, and accounting technology solutions for small and medium sized businesses. They are headquartered in the UK. I worked for the Scottsdale, AZ location which was home to the ACT! and SalesLogix product line.
- Principal UX designer, ACT! for windows, web, and mobile
- UX design and research for SalesLogix and Sage CRM
- Co-founder ACT! design team
- Owner of the ACT! user experience guide
- Driver of product usability testing programs for ACT! and SalesLogix
- Member of the Sage SDLC and global UI standards teams
- Presenter / trainer at business partner and customer conferences
- Trainer and mentor for UX team new hires
Other positions held at Sage: Senior Design Analyst, Product Manager, Interaction Engineer
Information Architect @ Fry, Inc.
Ann Arbor, MI, April 1999 – May 2002
Fry is a digital agency headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI, specializing in eCommerce, development, and managed services. Fry was a pioneer in the early days of moving brick-and-mortar retail to the web. Major accounts I worked on included Coach, Eddie Bauer, Brookstone, MSN, University of Michigan Business School, and Prentice Hall. Fry was acquired by MICROS Systems, Inc. in 2008.
- UX design lead
- Product Management
- Strategic workshops, audience analysis, UI design prototypes, user testing
- Functional specifications, strategic briefs
- Business development
Other positions held at Fry: Senior Producer, Producer, Product Manager
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Western Michigan University – Class of 1992, Bachelor of Arts
Certified Product Owner – Scrum Alliance, 2007 – renewed to present
Certified Scrum Master – Scrum Alliance, 2010
IXDA PHOENIX, Local Leader, 2014-Present
One of four local leaders responsible for IxDA calendar, event planning, volunteer coordination, sponsorships, social media, and more.
Speaker, Presenter at Digital Summit Phoenix 2016
Main stage presentation on, “Digital Marketing Agency Bloopers: Lessons learned in building great client relationships”
Experience Mapping & Journey Mapping Webinars
Multiple speaking engagements for DigiDay, Ethology, and Third Door Media.
See www.ethology.com for more.
Panelist, IUE Conference, June 2014 & 2013
“What is your pet peeve regarding design?”
“Building and Positioning UX for Success in your Organization”
Planning Committee, AZ World Usability Day, 2014 – Present
Responsible for collaborating on event concept, presentations, raffle prizes, marketing, and more.
UX Magazine, Feature Interview, Sept. 2013
“Three Design Team Leaders on the State of UX”
Panel Member, Phoenix Design Week, Oct. 2013
“Interaction Design Methods and Madness”